The TMCM-1110 stepRocker™ is a 1-axis, 2.8A/24V controller/driver with coolStep™ and encoder interface, as well as S/D in and out.
March 26, 2012 Leave a comment
The TMCM-1110 is a universal, ultra low cost, stepper motor controller/driver module. The driver unit offers highest smoothness and precision due to a high microstep resolution. The new patented spreadCycle™ chopper scheme produces an optimised current zero crossing and sine wave form. Furthermore the integrated sensorless load detection stallGuard2™ plus the load dependent current control coolStep™ make this board unique. These great features make it for the first time possible to ‘energy efficiently’ drive a stepper motor!
- 3-axis motion controller
- Driver only function
- Up to 256 times microstepping / 51200 steps./rev. with a 1,8° motor
- Memory for 2048 TMCL™ commands
- Automatic ramp generation
- ‘On the fly’ alteration of motion parameters (e.g. position, velocity, acceleration)
- StallGuard2™ sensorless high resolution motor load detection
- CoolStep™ load dependent current control
- SpreadCycle™ chopper for improved smoothness and high speed operation
- MicroPlyer™ internal microstep multiplier (16 to 256 µSteps) for lower frequency on step input
- 6x control LED
The integrated ramp- and pulse generating positioning motion controller can be attached via USB or RS485 and up to 3 drivers can be controlled simultaneously. Any 3-axis application can easily be built by connecting two external drivers (e.g. additional stepRocker™) via step & direction signals.
The smart software makes different approaches possible:
The stepRocker™ can be used with the Trinamic Motion Control Language TMCL™ and as the board comes with installed firmware and the integrated development environment, the TMCL-IDE for PC can be downloaded (free of charge). It is also possible to remotely control the stepRocker™ or to write, then download complete command sequences for stand-alone use.
As an alternative it is possible to write the firmware for the SAMSUNG microcontroller using the downloadable software tools and motion control libraries. For the initial steps only a power supply, a stepper motor and a PC are necessary.
- 1A or 2.8A max. coil current RMS (selectable by jumper)
- 12 to 24V DC (nominal) supply voltage
- Two-phase bipolar stepper motors with up to 2.8A coil current
- USB and or RS-485 host interface
- 1x step/direction driver input (TTL)
- 2x step/direction motion controller output (TTL)
- 2x reference / end switch for all 3 axes (TTL)
- 1x ABN-encoder or 3x GP input
- 6x GP-I/O (TTL)
- 1x analogue input (12-bit, 0-10V)
- 2x open drain output (100mA)
- Stand-alone or remote controlled operation using TMCL™ (Trinamic Motion Control Language)
- PC-based application development software TMCL-IDE
- Open source C library for SAMSUNG S3FN41F µC on http://www.motioncontrol-community.org
Saving the best until last, the price, 100 pieces are just £40.00 each and for a 1000 pieces they are only £35.50 each*
Micromech is the UK and Eire distributor for these amazing products and if you would like a quote or to find out more contact Stirling Morley on 01376 333333 or email or firstname.lastname@example.org
* best prices, one shipment